Lighting and home control system brand Orro has announced a new control switch with Alexa capability built into the unit.
Available via wireless update for existing Orro owners, the upgrade allows homeowners to directly access Alexa through their Orro Switches, providing Alexa capabilities including checking the weather or news, setting timers and reminders – and even controlling other smart home devices.
[Read More: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SMART LIGHT SWITCHES ]
Once the switch is activated, users simply say “Alexa”, and the Orro Switch wakes to listen for a command, while Orro’s implementation of Alexa’s ESP (Echo Spatial Perception) ensures that the switch closest to the person speaking responds back, the company says.
“Our far-field microphone array, speaker, and onboard application processor enable Orro Switches to offer functions similar to a standalone Alexa device,” says Colin Billings, founder and CEO of Orro. “With our Alexa Built-in integration, professional installers can simply install Orro Switches in the home and their customers will be getting smart light control, integrated control of other devices, and built-in voice control all from a single device. This streamlines the professional’s installation process while providing homeowners with the smart living experiences they want – all without extra cords or countertop clutter.”
[Read More: 13 INNOVATIVE SMART PRODUCTS WE SAW AT CES 2021 ]
Orro says its Smart Living systems and products are specifically designed for use by professional installers, providing a unified and powerful solution that meets the demand for advanced smart home systems.
“The easy-to-install system unifies a smart home, automatically implementing perfect lighting, with recallable lighting scenes, room-to-room intercom and more,” the company says. “By unifying smart living experiences around a home’s lighting control system, Orro provides professionals with a single smart home solution, accessible via touch or voice – without having to install and configure additional hardware.”
[Read More: BRILLIANT BRINGS SMART TECH TO MULTI-FAMILY BUILDINGS ]
Here are the full list of features and functionality of the Orro Smart Living System:
- Designed for professional builders and installers
- Interact via color touch screen or through voice
- Vibrant color display with intuitive smartphone-like swipe and touch interaction
- Integrated motion, sound and light sensors enable advanced automation and security
- Energy saving Eco Mode
- Control and access thermostat, door locks, doorbells, speakers and more
- Works with existing light bulbs – make any light smart
- Modular and expandable
- Ungradable to meet evolving standards and provide new functionality
- All-encompassing unified smart home control
- Wellness functionality provides optimal light levels throughout the day
- Easy Commissioning – setup the Orro system directly from a mobile phone
[Read More: TREATLIFE LAUNCHES NEW ALEXA, GOOGLE-ENABLED SMART SWITCHES ]
Add new comment