Caulks and sealants manufacturer DAP has introduced an all-in-one kit that includes the materials and components a contractor needs to install an entry door.
Designed to save contractors time and money, the QuickKit comes with all the necessary parts—including sealant, shims, and sill pans—to dramatically simplify purchasing and installation, the company says.
“As materials and techniques for exterior door installation have evolved over the past decade, finding the right materials in the right quantities has become a challenge, resulting in the loss of valuable time and money,” says Tom Rapps, director of marketing and business development for DAP. “The DAP QuickKit alleviates these issues by providing exactly what the installer needs to complete the job all in one box, without concern for missing materials, excess waste, or quality. No guesswork required.”
Each QuickKit contains the following items:
• DAP Dynaflex 800 Sealant, a mold- and mildew-resistant product that provides a watertight, weatherproof seal, the company says.
• DAP Draftstop 812 window and door closed-cell foam, which is designed to provide an airtight seal against water, air, and sound. It also resists water absorption and its low pressure prevents warping of the door frame.
• DAP LT Poly Flash 711 with a split-release liner.
• Jamsill Guard Sill Pan with sloped weep areas that direct water away from sensitive areas.
• Composite shims, which are pre-scored for a consistent snap.
• Aluminum head flashing
• Rustproof galvanized screws
DAP says the kits are available to meet a range of configurations and styles: the single-door kit accommodates doors with rough openings up to 40 inches wide, with options for 4 9/16 and 6 9/16-inch jamb sizes; the double-door kit accommodates doors with rough openings up to 80 inches wide and 4 9/16 and 6 9/16-inch jamb sizes. A sliding-door kit accommodates doors with rough openings up to 72 inches and is available in 3¼ and 3 5/8-inch jamb sizes.